Camp Half-blood: Prophecies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-blood: Prophecies

Welcome to Camp Half-blood! What is Camp Half-blood you ask? It's a camp for people like you. Don't worry you'll be safe here, the outer world is to dangerous for an untrained demigod like your self.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Music is for Life

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Layla

Layla

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:57 pm

She was tired, she had been dragging equipment from her cabin to the pavilion for an hour. With this last Hi-Hat cymbal she had the entire stage set up. She had posted fliers all over the camp, telling people about her band, and how they should show up if they wanted to try out. She had enough instruments on stage for an entire orchestra but she was really looking for only 3 main instruments. Sitting down in the third row of the audience, she pulled her Flying V out from under her chair and began playing a few notes while waiting for the first person to show up and audition.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Jack was in the middle of his regular rounds of walking around camp and helping everyone, when he saw a flier about band auditions. "Someone's starting a band huh? Looks like it's that girl from Apollo's cabin. I guess i'll go check it out." He walked to the pavilion and heard someone playing some notes. He saw it was coming from that girl Layla. He walked over so he was a few feet from her. Hello there Layla. How's it going? I saw one of your fliers about band auditions. I came to see the auditions. He walked over and sat down next to her and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Layla

Layla

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:16 pm

She was getting into some heavier chords when she heard a voice addressing her. She turned around to see a familiar face, she smiled and put down the guitar. Hey Jack. Sliding over to let him sit down, she looked up at the empty stage. Yea... It took me an hour to set up the stage and I've been here for a few minutes... yet no one showed up. Hopefully, they'll be here soon..I'd hate to lug all this back. She looked up at the stage once more, and sighed before pulling up her guitar again and playing a few light rifts.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Collin found a flyer posted up in the cafeteria saying that there was need of musicians, he was sure that the band would get filled up by people born of apollo but still he had nothing better to do so he headed off toward the locations specified on the paper in his hand. When he got halfway there he realized that he had forgotten his bass in the cabin so he had to go back and grab it, causing him to be late. I hope they don't count against me for being tardy Finally he got to the try outs with his instrument he had built the day before slung over his shoulder. It was a black and red spiderweb pattern bass guitar with perfectly cut and tuned strings, this had been a slight challenge for him to put together seeing as how it was quite different from a car but he had gotten the job done. When he looked around he saw someone, or maybe it was two people he wasent sure. But none the less he waved to the person and said hello. Heard you need a bass player.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Jack listened quietly as Layla spoke and then went back to playing her guitar. Wow. It took that long to set up? You should have asked me, I would have gladly helped. And... don't worry, people will show up I just know it. A moment later Jack heard a voice come from behind him and saw it was Collin, the counselor for the Hephaestus cabin. Hello there Collin. How's it going? He looked back at Layla. I told you someone would be here soon. And don't worry, i'll help you carry the equipment back.
Back to top Go down
Layla

Layla

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Layla looked up to see someone standing on stage with a bass guitar. She sat up in her seat and called out to him. Hi, yea, If you can play we can use you. She looked down at the backpack by her feet filled with sheet music. She looked back up at the guy, deciding that he didn't need the music. So, go ahead... play me something for a few minutes... show me what you got. Sliding her headphones down, she pressed a button on the band, which silenced the music. If this audition went well, than the bang would have a hook...someone not from Apollo in an Apollo Band.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Collin was greeted by Jack and Layla then told to just let loose and play something, so just like he always did he relaxed his entire body and just stared at the beautiful work of art in his hands as he started to let a few chords sing. He started out really slow and simple to get his fingers warmed up then he started to really work into his groove. The notes were melodic and sweet yet at the same time dark and mysterious, something that he had picked up on how to do when he was in his room at home messing around with his bass he had there. The tones soared like eagles and reminded him of things long past, he was playing a sad song that he had written when he was ten and was thinking about his father that at the time he thought had been dead. Then after a minute his melody changed and with a change in tempo switched over to a song he had written for his mom to cheer her up once when she had gotten sick. These notes were an odd mixture of high and low pitches and crescendoed all the way until he stopped a minute later and looked at the two sitting out in the audience. So how was that guys?
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Jack watched and listened as Collin starting playing his bass. At first the notes were slow and simple, they were sweet but there was something a bit mysterious about them. Soon Collin was playing a sad song that made Jack remember some of the sad things that happened in his life, but he quickly dismissed them. After a moment the notes changed to something that was filled with high and low pitches. "Wow. this guys pretty good." After Collin finished Jack applauded and turned to Layla. That was pretty good don't you think. He looked back over to Collin and smiled. Awesome job Collin that was really impressive.
Back to top Go down
Layla

Layla

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Layla closed her eyes while she listened to Collin. His music was beautiful... it spoke to the soul, like a mother to a child. It was a joy to simply listen to music of this caliber, something her father would be very proud of. When he was finished playing, she opened her eyes and pulled herself from her musical domain. Thank you for that... truly. Sliding her headset back over her ears, she tapped a button on the band again, causing the music to resume. You're in, Collin. Come by my cabin later on, to pick up some sheet music and get the sheet for rehearsal times. She stood up and clapped for him, as a sign of respect. Sitting back down, she began playing on her Flying V, waiting for the next person to come. She signaled up to Colin on the stage, to tell him to come sit down next to her and Jack.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Collin was excited to hear the good response from Jack and when Layla told him that he was in it made his day, no his week. Then he got a signal to come and sit with the other two to wait for the next person to come try out and he graciously took the opportunity. Once he was off stage he started to feel tired like every other time he really got into his music so once he sat down he kind of just laid his instrument across his lap, then he propped his head on his hand and slowly drifted off into a nice afternoon nap.

OoC: I put myself to sleep so you can all post without me. I can come back tomorrow so just take a full round or two and I'll jump back in
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Jack was glad to hear that Collin had made it into the band. He looked over to where Collin had sat down and saw he went to sleep. "I guess that took alot out of him." He could tell that Layla was listening to some music and he figured she couldn't hear him if he said something. He tapped on herd headphones and waited a moment before talking. Well it's only been a few minutes and you've already got a member. How many more do you need?
Back to top Go down
Layla

Layla

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 am

She watched Collin sit down next to her and slowly drift to sleep. Apparently, the music soothed him to the point of sleep. She was tapped on her head, distorting the music in her ears. Pulling the headphones down, she listened to Jack once more. I still need a Drummer... and if it is to be, than I could use a Pianist or a Keyboardist, something that'd give a nice rhythm to my sound. Seeing as we have a child of Hephaestus with us, he'd also be a good Roadie... fixing equipment.. making stages, stands mics whatever we need... so he's gonna come in real handy.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:33 pm

After a little nap that lasted about five minutes Collin shook himself and was once again completely awake. He looked up at the stage to see no one there and nobody else had joined them in the seats, so either he hadn't missed any other auditions or the ones he had missed had been horrible. Either way he was fine since he had needed that nap after not playing in so long, so he looked over at Jack and Layla sitting next to him and smiled. So did I miss anything while I was knocked out? He looked to see that Layla's headphones were off so she had to have been talking about something at the time he had come back and he kinda wondered what was up but not enough to bother him much. He kind of just kept a lazy look on his face like he normally did while he messed with his long white hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music is for Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music is for Life   Music is for Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music is for Life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-blood: Prophecies :: Camp Half-Blood :: Recreation Area :: Arts and Crafts Pavilion-
Jump to: