Camp Half-blood: Prophecies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-blood: Prophecies

Welcome to Camp Half-blood! What is Camp Half-blood you ask? It's a camp for people like you. Don't worry you'll be safe here, the outer world is to dangerous for an untrained demigod like your self.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breakfast

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selphy

Selphy

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:00 pm

It was about 5:30 am when Selphy and the rest of her cabin got up. Every Tuesday and Thursday her cabin cooked the breakfast and give the nymphs a break from cooking. It was one of her cabin's responsibilities. They walked towards the mess hall. They had two hours to make breakfast before other cabins walked in for breakfast. Selphy order people to start grilling ham and make fried eggs. Bacon and sausage were sizzling on pans over a open fire. Selphy and a few others were creating pastries filled with fresh made jam and steaming hot rolls. The smell was making there stomachs rumble but they did there best to wait. At 7:25 they set the foods on platters and set them on the 12 of the 13 tables. There were no hunters around so they didn't have to cook for them. Selphy grab a match and lit the fire at the head of the 13 tables were they would give an offering to the gods before they ate. 7:30 rolled around and cabins started to head towards the great smelling food. Selphy filled her plate up then brought it up to the fire. She picked a delicious looking pastry she made and threw it into the flame. Offering it to her mother Demeter. She brought the plate back to her table and began eating, savoring the hard work put into the meal. She began chatting to her follow cabin mates and to surrounding cabins sitting at there tables.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Jack had woken up early today and was deciding on what to do. He didn't want to go back to sleep, but everyone else was still asleep except the Demeter kids, who were probably making breakfast now. He decided to go for a swim in the lake until it was time for breakfast. He changed into his swimming trunks and took off towards the lake. When he got there he ran across the pier and dived in. Even though he was a few feet under water he was still dry, because of his powers. So he willed himself to get wet and he did. Jack enjoyed getting wet and loved swimming. He explored the bottom of the lake and chatted with some of the naiads. He continued swimming and diving for a while an dlost track of time. When he finally went back to the surface he saw the sun was higher in the sky. "Crap! I'm gonna be late for breakfast. All the food will be gone. And i'm still in my trunks. Whatever, I better hurry." Jack swam back to land and started running to the mess hall, when he finally got there he was barefoot, shirtless, and soaking wet. But nobody payed much attention to him. He quickly grabbed his breakfast and walked over to the fire where he offered some of it to his dad Poseidon. He started to run to his table but tripped and bumped into one of the girls from the Demeter cabin. Oh, i'm sorry. Are you ok? It was an accident, I really gotta be more careful.
Back to top Go down
Selphy

Selphy

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 pm

"No I'm fine, but why in hades are you wet." said Selphy, she then looked at who ran into her. She didn't know the kid's name but she new he was from cabin 3, poseidon's cabin. "You know you could dry yourself off in an instant." She smiled at him but was actually ticked off that the kid got her wet and she would have to dry off the old fashion way and that he dropped food that took alot to work to make on the floor. She sat down at her table, which was right next to poseidon's table.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Jack smiled when the girl asked why he was wet. It's because I enjoy the feeling of water on my skin. It's probably a Poseidon thing. And i'd prefer to stay wet. He watched as she sat down at her table. Sorry for getting you wet. He looked down and saw he dropped some food on the floor. "Whoops. She's probably pissed that I dropped some of her hardwork on the floor. Oh well..." He leaned down and grabbed the food he dropped and tossed it on his plate. He looked back at the girl and smiled. I'm Jack. What's your name?
Back to top Go down
Selphy

Selphy

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 pm

"My name is Selphy." said Selphy turning to face him. "It's no problem." Selphy said it trying not to sound angry. But she was really ticked about the food, getting wet she can get used to, but dropping food on the ground that she worked really hard on wasn't something you do to get on her good side. She took a steaming roll from the pile and cut it open and spread butter on it before taking a bite out of it.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Well Selphy, i'd just like to apologize again. Jack hadn't noticed it before but he saw that Selphy was wet. "Jeez man... I must be close to my third strike with this girl and I just met her a minute ago." Jack quickly tapped Selphy on the shoulder and used his power to instantly dry her. He smiled at her. I'd say i've bothered you enough, so it's time to get out of your hair. I guess i'll see you around. Jack turned away and started to walk towards his table.
Back to top Go down
Selphy

Selphy

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm

"Thank you." said Selphy. She finished up her roll. "Umm... your table in the one right next to mine, table 3." Selphy pointed to the table behind Jack. She could tell he was sorry but a simple sorry can't going replace the food he wasted. She looked up at the sky like there was an answer up there. Thats a good thing about the mess hall, no ceiling you can just look up into the sky. The borders to the mess hall were just a bunch of columns. Thankfully it only rained in camp when the director wanted it to. The camp borders seem to cut storms in half when a storm passes over the area.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Before Jack got to his table he turned around and smiled at Selphy. Your welcome. And, I know where my table is... i've been here for years. It would be kind of sad if I didn't know my way around. He sat down at his table and started eating. He finished off all his food in a minute or two. He hadn't noticed it before, but he was starving. "I guess swimming and diving for a while, really works up an appetite." After he finished he lied down and looked up at the sky. "Ah... it's such a beautiful day. Maybe i'll go back swimming later..."
Back to top Go down
Selphy

Selphy

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

"It would." said Selphy. She finished her breakfast but decided to stick around for whatever reason. "Your going swimming later, right?" she asked. "Mind if i tag along." She waited to see what Jack had to say about it. Regardless she would go with or with out him but it would be nice going with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Jack had dozed off, but had been woken up when he heard Selphy speak to him. "Whoa how long was I out?" He looked around without it being obvious and saw much hadn't changed. "I guess it was a few minutes." He looked back at Selphy and smiled. Sure you can come. Being in the water is much more fun when you've got friends with you. Jack stood up and grabbed his plate, and put them with everyone else's plates. He turned back to Selphy. Scratch later. Let's go to the lake now. Unless you'd rather go later.
Back to top Go down
Selphy

Selphy

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 pm

"Umm... sure, I just need to run down to my cabin and grab my swim suit." said Selphy. She got up and put her plate at the end of the table. "Umm... I'll head down to my cabin, i'll meet you at the lake in a half an hour." said Selphy she turned around and left.

(OOC: you want to start new topic at the lake?)
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Jack waited for Selphy to respond and smiled. Alright Selphy, i'll see you soon. Jack helped a few kids clean up the mess they made and then turned towards the lake and took off running. "This certainly is turning out to be an interesting day. I wonder what'll happen next."

(OoC: Yeah i'll start it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast   Breakfast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breakfast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-blood: Prophecies :: Camp Half-Blood :: Mess Hall-
Jump to: