Camp Half-blood: Prophecies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-blood: Prophecies

Welcome to Camp Half-blood! What is Camp Half-blood you ask? It's a camp for people like you. Don't worry you'll be safe here, the outer world is to dangerous for an untrained demigod like your self.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm Alive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

Location : Look! An old lady is beating a defenseless boy with her purse!

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Rin stretched, leaning against the wall of the arena in the shade. Well, she was already pretty well trained, but she felt like improving a little. Let's do this... Rin thought, putting in her earbuds as she walked over to one of the training dummies, tapping her black sword-shaped necklace once. Almost immediately, a black stygain sword appeared in her hand, the pommel glowing a light black gloomily in the afternoon brightness.
Never again will I be dishonored
And never again will I be reminded
We're living within the world of the jaded
They killed inspiration
It's my obligation
To never again, allow this to happen
Where do I begin?
The choices are endless
Denying the sin
My art, my redemption
I carry the torch of my father before me.

She hummed along with I'm Alive by Disturbed as her blade rose, her own shadow seeming to dim lightly for a second before it returned to it's original darkness, shortly followed by Rin swinging her blade. A large, now solidified-shadow was thrusted towards the dummie as she ran towards it, swinging her blade in an arc towards its neck.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Jack had just shown up at the arena, wearing the standard issue army and carrying a shield. He looked down at his bracelet and smiled. He looked around to see that there wasn't anyone there except that one girl from the Hades cabin Rin. He watched her raise her katana Lost Soul and charge at some training dummies. He decided to go over and say hello, since they hadn't talked much before. As he got closer he could hear her mumbling something. After a moment he realized she was humming to some song. He couldn't tell what song it was but if she was listening to music then he was going to have to yell. He decided to move closer to Rin. Hello there Rin. How's it going? He looked up at the sky and smiled before looking back at Rin. Lovely day isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Rin heard a voice as she stopped in mid-swing, pressing pause on her blasting iPod. "Sorry, pardon?" She asked, resting her sword on her shoulder as he spoke his other sentence. "Yeah, a little hot though." She replied; well... Hades children don't normally get too hot with how cold their blood normally is, but when they move around a lot in hot weather they can heat up pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Jack watched quietly as Rin stopped her attack and took out her earphones. Afterwards she turned to him and replied to one of his questions. Jack smiled. Yeah, I guess so. He looked around to see if anyone else had shwon up but they were still alone. He looked back at Rin. Well... would you like to train Rin? Just a friendly little match. I'll put up a better fight then some training dummies, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Rin nodded, putting her iPod into her pocket. "Sure thing. And.. we'll see about that." She joked cheerfully, moving her sword into an offensive position as she backed up a little. Well, wouldn't want to give him the upper-hand of range. "Bring it!"
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Jack smirked and shoved his shield into the ground so it was stuck in place and tossed his sword into his left hand. He undid his bracelet and squeezed it in his right hand. The bracelet transformed into his katana Geyser and he stabbed it into the ground. Then he quickly pulled the shield out of the ground and threw it at Rin aiming at her head. Afterwards he pulled Geyser out of the ground and charged at Rin. When he was in range he slashed at her chest with his regular sword and at her legs with Geyser. I hope you don't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Rin sidestepped the shield quickly, silently grateful for her reflexes. She turned to attempt to get out of range from another attack, examining his movements as she quickly thought of a way to use his stance against him. She moved backwards to avoid the attack at her chest, parrying the blow at her legs as she then pushed her weight down on his blade, attempting to force him to drop his sword.
Back to top Go down
Acer Parvulus

Acer Parvulus

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Acer, well-known as "Master Mind" to the Camp, and "Vinco Mens" to his Cabin-mates had been observing two members of Camp Halfblood sparring with one another. He had only just arrived, hoping to get some training in, but, due to the action which was now taking place in basic sequences below, had become unamused by the extent of their ability - though, he was well aware that their 'extent' was prohibited by the Gods especially against one another. With his often enamored eyes, the Counselor of Cabin-6 observed his opponents below. He had seen both of these combatants fight before, but, never volunteered as a fighter himself, afterall, Athena wouldn't be pleased by her son's apparent savagery.

With an obviously alluring voice, Acer spoke, on his face: a smirk. "My, my... Come now - I'm waiting for a bit more grace to express itself in this battle." He was being sarcastic, looking down at the way the two fought, their Fathers were not well known for grace... One for dread, and enigma, the other for power and authority. He held his spear over his shoulder, and his rested very confidently in his seat above the ring itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutoexplosion.forumrpglife.com
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Jack smirked as Rin dodged the shield and moved back to avoid the attack at her chest. She parried the attack at her legs and began pushing down on the blade. Jack was going to have to let go but had a better idea in mind. He stabbed Geyser into the ground and vaulted over Rin by pushing against the hilt. When he landed he grabbed his regular sword with both hands and stabbed backwards. He heard a voice and looked to where it had come from and saw it was Acer. Jack smirked and called out to him. Talks cheap. Why don't you come down here and show us how graceful you are Mr. Hotshot.
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Rin smirked lightly as she suddenly stopped pushing against his blade when she saw him put his blade in the ground, moving backwards to get out of attack range. Bending into a defensive stance, Rin glanced at the other person quickly, remembering him to be the Athena cabin's leader. "And you can do better, Prettyboy?" She taunted cheerfully,.
Back to top Go down
Acer Parvulus

Acer Parvulus

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Acer smiled at the first comment coming from those below in the pit that their duel was taking place in. "As envious as always, son of Poseidon." The Cabin Leader of Athena replied with an even wider smile, this time a smile that revealed his clean, white layers of teeth. Shortly afterward, a daughter of Hades, the Cabin Leader, spoke tauntingly. "Such a filthy little attitude, girl." Acer commented with some sort of disgust on his face, he then quickly jumped up in the air, and began spinning his Spear around, allowing it to work as a chopper to lower him below. He landed softly on the pit floor below, he stood about 10 yards away from the two combatants who were more closely fighting one another.

"Well, well, now I believe grace can be added to this battle. Who will dance with me first? Or are you both willing?" He gazed into their eyes with his beautifully sparkling purple eyes - eyes which were totally enamored by everything, it went well with his smooth, pale skin, and wide soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Jack was slightly disappointed when he saw his attack failed and was about to go in for another attack when he heard Acer talk again. He turned around and heard Acer's comment towards him. Jack actually felt his left eye twitch and had the urge to smack Acer. Envious my ass. I don't care about grace, all that matters in a battle is surviving to fight another day. He heard Acer's comment to Rin and was slightly annoyed but smirked when he heard Rin's comment. He watched as Acer landed and spoke. Jack walked over to Geyser and pulled it out of the ground. He looked back to Rin and smiled. Sorry but were going to have to finish our training session later. You can help me teach this guy a lesson if you want. Jack looked back to Acer and smirked. Two things. 1. Keep your comments to yourself. 2. I'm not going to dance with you... i'm going to kick your ass! Jack charged at him and when he was in range slashed at Acer's head with his regular sword and at his chest with Geyser.
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Rin laughed at his comment, shaking her head. She's the one with the bad attitude? My ass. "Maybe I can help you deflate that massively huge head of yours?" She spoke in a cute, but menacing tone as her turquoise eyes darkened, showing her mood. Silently stopping herself from what would be an oncoming grudge, she mentally slapped herself. I'm not holding a grudge against some guy I just met... Unfortunately, holding a grudge seemed to be her fatal flaw.
"I'll enjoy that." She replied to the guys question as she stood up straight, silently noting that she was in the shadow of a rather large training dummy... large enough to let her short form pass through.
Rin willed herself to move into the shadow and appear behind her opponent, who was luckily surrounded by the shadows from overhanging clouds. "I'll be the one to dance with you, boy!" She taunted again as she willed the shadows to move herself more quickly to a mere blur, kicking at his feet to make him off balance. Though this was only a feint; Rin's real target was his neck. She darted behind him, raising her hand in a blur towards the base of his neck, seeking to put him in a daze. If this connected, Rin would then stab her stygain sword, Lost Soul, towards his knee, attempting to make him injured there - giving her an even greater advantage.
Back to top Go down
Acer Parvulus

Acer Parvulus

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 pm

The Son of Poseidon dashed towards the Son of Athena, though his movements were swift, they did not best Acer's training involving close-quartered combat. In response to the Son of Poseidon's charge at Acer's neck, and chest, he smacked the edge of the normal blade the Son of Poseidon used against him, with the pole of his spear, and then spun around swiftly, quickly yanking the Son of Poseidon's sword arm forward, and striking at him with his left palm, that was at the moment, empty-handed. He had repelled the Son of Poseidon, but, as quickly as it happened, he was already being dazzled by the Daughter of Hade's 'umbraporting'. He managed to keep up with her first series of movements, but, it started to become overwhelming, feeling the coldness of her hand barely touch Acer's neck, he raised the edge of his spear skyward, and summoned a burst of light to repel the Shadows away. Afterwards, he followed up with a single jump even further backwards, and readied himself for his next countering move. "Your shadows will not work so easily against me, filthy Daughter of Hades." The Cabin Leader of Athena spoke loudly from across the pit.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 am

Both of Jack's attacks had been blocked and he had been pulled forward by Acer and was hit in the face with Acer's palm. He was knocked back and landed on his back. He stood up and dusted himself off and looked over to see Rin quickly circling around Acer. He was having some trouble keeping up with her moves but he managed to make out her making contact with Acer before there was a burst of light and Acer jumped back. Jack was starting to get pissed because of Acer. Hey in know your not talking to me but i'd like it very much if you'd shut up. You don't see either one of us talking trash. Jack dashed next to Rin and whispered to her. I'll go for his legs and head. You aim for his back alright? Jack didn't wait for a response, he charged at Acer again and slashed at his legs with Geyser and at his head with his regular sword.
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:33 am

Rin's albino-pale cheeks flushed with anger at his comment, her turquoise eyes darkening to match her sudden change in mood. Almost as if registering her mood, the ground appeared to be more cold beneath their feet, despite the warm weather. Giving up on the thought of not holding a grudge against him, she stabbed her gloomy stygian sword into the ground. "You know, judging a person you only have just met for who their father may be is rather... unintelligent." She commented, willing each word to get to him - or make him angry. Unfortunately making people angry was actually an Ares skill, but for Rin words were her specialty. Luckily Athena children hated to be called stupid.
She nodded as she slammed her hands together, her darkened turquoise eyes lightening with a rather... dark thought. He thinks I'm dirty?? I'll teach him... Holding a smirk, Rin stayed back as her ally ran towards the Athena demi-god. Almost as if obeying her will, the ground beneath his feet began to tremble and move violently in an attempt to push him off balance, rocks rising from the ground as Rin willed them to attack his back violently in a barrage.
Back to top Go down
Acer Parvulus

Acer Parvulus

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:51 am

The Son of Poseidon once more darted towards him, however, this time, he aimed for the Son of Athena's legs. Though, being a Son of Athena, he was truly of a warrior's finest breed. Close-quartered combat gave him quite an advantage over his opponents, as well as his sharp thinking, and equally acute reflexes. The Son of Poseidon had charged, but, at the same time, the earth beneath the Athenian shuttered beneath him - a moments later after Acer's intelligence was insulted by the cur of Hades.

Before being able to counter the Son of Poseidon's charge, Acer's was set off balance - he managed to hop off of the ground backward, but, barely escape a clean chop to the leg. The bottom of his silver-white tunic tore as his flesh was cut by the Son of Poseidon's magical sword, Geyser - the blow to the head was avoided however. Though Acer thought he had escaped, he was careless enough to forget of the rising earth behind him. Immediately, shards of rock struck at his backside, he managed to repel a few with the swiftness of his Spear mid-air, but, the rest had pummeled him downward.

His seemingly fragile figure crashed unto the hard surface of the Earth, and his hair, once tied and beautifully at that - was now a mess, long, blond, and totally droopy. He looked upward, with an ironic change in expression. He stood back up slowly, for he needed to walk towards his Spear which was poorly smacked against the ground he walked on. He knelt down, and picked up his Spear, resting it on his shoulder. After brushing off the dust on his once-glowing tunic, he turned his face towards the Daughter of Hades. "I'm impressed by your control over the Earth... You've taught me more about a descendant of Hades' abilities." He spoke calmly, only turning in the direction of the Son of Poseidon. "You need some work on your swordsmanship... You're better off by the water." He spoke sarcastically in an unusually soft manner.

His entire attitude changed, along with his aura. It went from clouded, to knowledgeable. "This was all a test... Had I expected such impressive ability, this duel of ours may have lasted longer." He made sure to eye the Daughter of Hades while speaking. Like many descendants of Athena, he was simply assessing his comrades abilities, in order to further his leadership skills, and the way he uses others to his advantage against other opponents.

"I'm afraid I may have taken quite a blow." The Cabin Leader of Athena spoke regrettably - next time, he would know not to underestimate his comrades. Now, he pushed both of his hands against his lower back, the portion of his body that took the heaviest amount of damage.
Back to top Go down
Jack Kaizer

Jack Kaizer

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Jack smirked as he heard Rin's comment to Acer. "Yeah you tell him. Someone's got to knock this guy down a few pegs." Jack looked at the ground around Acer and saw it began to move and watched as Acer lost his balance and jumped back. Even though Acer managed to move from the unstable ground, he didn't dodge Jack's attack with Geyser, although he did dodge the attack to his head. Jack jumped back and watched some blood drip from the cut Geyser made. "I hope that hurt his ego more than it did his leg." Suddenly the ground sent shards of rock at Acer's back. He managed to knock some away with his spear, but he was still hit and was sent towards the ground. Jack started to laugh, but stopped after a moment. He watched as Acer got up and picked up his spear, and dusted himself off. He listened as Acer spoke to Rin and then to him. Jack spat and glared at him. Yeah... well you need some work on your people skills. And you're better off in the trash. He turned away from Acer and began walking towards Rin when he heard Acer's comment. Jack looked back at him and grinned. Had this duel lasted any longer we'd have kicked your ass even harder than we already have. He turned away from Acer and continued walking towards Rin, as far as Jack was concerned Acer wasn't there anymore. As Jack got closer to Rin the ground got colder and colder and when he finally got close to her he could see her cheeks were red and her eyes looked darker than they had been before. Jack moved in closer so his face was only a few inches from her's. Hey are you alright Rin? Don't let that jerk get to you. That was some pretty impressive stuff you did with the ground. Your an impressive fighter. Jack smiled at her. ...And i'm glad I can call you a friend.
Back to top Go down
Rin Krys

Rin Krys

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:13 am

Rin appeared satisfied for getting him back, crossing her arms across her chest. She had no retort to what he said; which was surprising, considering how socialization was practically her second nature.
Her attention broke away from her previous anger, her now-turquoise eyes rising up to Jack. With her attention being lost, so did the sudden frostiness in the ground - soon the sun heated it up to regular as she appeared relitavely calm. She still held a grudge against Acer for talking trash about her and who she was, but silently promised that she'd get him back for it. Whether somehow out-smarting him, or pulling a massive prank on him with help from one of the Hermes children.
She rubbed the back of her neck, feeling somewhat emberrassed when he mentioned her impressive fighting. "Don't worry about it, I'll get him back somehow." She smirked, making sure to eye in Acer's direction. When a child of Hades promises to get somebody back because of a grudge - big or small - they mean it. "Thanks." She replied, both for his complement on fighting and about friendship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Alive Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Alive   I'm Alive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Alive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-blood: Prophecies :: Camp Half-Blood :: Training Area :: The Arena-
Jump to: