Camp Half-blood: Prophecies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-blood: Prophecies

Welcome to Camp Half-blood! What is Camp Half-blood you ask? It's a camp for people like you. Don't worry you'll be safe here, the outer world is to dangerous for an untrained demigod like your self.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Bike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Collin

Collin

My Bike   Empty
PostSubject: My Bike    My Bike   Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Collin had gotten quite bored today, he had a lot of time to kill since he was off the job at the forge for the next few days. Just laying there in his bunk his white hair laid down softly clumped up as he stared blankly at the ceiling. During this time he thought things to himself that he might be able to do to make the mini-vacation go by faster. Walk around the camp? No, I do that to much as it is, plus if I get caught near the forge I may get asked to help someone then I’ll be trapped for the entire day there. Perhaps I can build something fun for myself. But what do I want? He just sat there a while until he needed to use the bathroom, so he stood up and went about his business. While he was in there a magazine caught his eye, “motor monthly”, curious he picked it up and flipped through the first couple of pages. He finished up and left with the book in hand, still looking through the pictures and wondering if he had any need of something like this.

At last he came to the main image of this issue, apparently he hadn’t noticed that it was the special edition for bikes until now. There it was, a slick black Kawasaki ninja. He didn’t know why but the vehicle was somehow calling to him and he knew what he was going to be doing to spend his free time. He ripped out the page and threw the mag back in the restroom as he folded up the paper and walked out the door.

He made a quick stop by the forge and picked up a couple of things he would need, namely the metals and blow torches. Then he put all the stuff in a wagon that was used around the forge he had made a few years ago and pulled off towards the arts and crafts pavilion to get to work. On his way there Collin thought about what he could do with the finished product, and for the most part just came up with getting across the entire camp grounds in a few minutes rather than the normal long time it took. But regardless, he was excited to be working with engines again for the first time since he had visited home about a year ago. So once he got to a good spot he stopped his pull load and got everything set out.

The main part of what he had brought along with him was his master piece, a modified bike engine he had brought from Ireland to camp and had left hidden in a locked box under his bed the whole time. With this bad boy I should be able to get twice the thrust and power that the normal model puts out, said Collin as he held the beautiful hunk of metal and gears in his arms like an infant. Then he set it down on the picnic table and started sorting out all the other odds and ends. He put everything out in the order he was going to need it, starting with the wheels and finishing the little assembly line was the sheet metal he planned to use as the outer body. So he got to work and putting together his work of art piece by piece until it finally started to take form. He had gotten the skeleton put together and tweaked it to his liking by the time the sun had started to set. So he took a large blanket and laid it over the bike and pulled to wagon back to the forge on his way back to his cabin. He needed to rest now and finish up tomorrow.

He woke up early, so early in fact that the sun was still hadn’t risen. He didn’t care, all he wanted to do was work on his unfinished work. When he got back to his spot he removed the covering and was moved like a parent that hadn’t seen their child for a while. Then he set into his work mode, ignoring anything that might distract him from finishing. By lunch time he was ready to mount the engine and the rest of the inner workings, so he skipped the meal for the sake of progress. Then when dinner came he was just about done all that was left for him to do was put on the body and he would have completed the single most complicated thing he had ever built. After a minute or two the outer layer of coverings was bolted in place and he used the blowtorch to make a little insignia on the back fin. And at last he was done, finished and satisfied he took out a little temporary key he planned to use until he got back to the forge in a day or so and made a new one. Placing the thin slice of metal into the ignition he turned it and was deeply moved on the inside by the beautiful noise it made as it revved up. He kicked his leg over it and pulled back on the gas hard, he planned to do a couple laps around the camp before he went to dinner late to try and grab a few leftovers. He was really proud of himself and he knew that making something like this from scratch would greatly impress his father the next time he paid him a visit at mount Olympus.

The Bike:

Spoiler:

The Symbol Inscribed On The Bike:

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------

Alright guys I hope this is a long enough post to qualify me to get the bike, and this is a one post topic so feel free to lock it up.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

My Bike   Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bike    My Bike   Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:49 pm

bump?

So is it cool that i have this thing or not guys?
Back to top Go down

My Bike
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-blood: Prophecies :: Camp Half-Blood :: Recreation Area :: Arts and Crafts Pavilion-
Jump to: