Camp Half-blood: Prophecies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-blood: Prophecies

Welcome to Camp Half-blood! What is Camp Half-blood you ask? It's a camp for people like you. Don't worry you'll be safe here, the outer world is to dangerous for an untrained demigod like your self.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gearing up for a Fight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaku

Zaku

Gearing up for a Fight Empty
PostSubject: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Zaku walked out of the armory into the arena with his heart racing and adrenalin pumping. This would be the first time he fought in a long time, and he was excited. In his hand laid a normal spear, but hopefully that wouldn't last long and he could summon his usual spear. He took a couple more steps into the shade and sat down, waiting to spot someone who would spar with him.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Collin was hanging around the arena just being bored and looking for something to do. Then he noticed that there seemed to be someone waiting around without a partner to spar with. He took his time as he calmly walked over and introduced himself. Ey there mate, looks like you need a brawlin' partner. Collin stepped to the side and looked over the boy again, he had to be young so if they were going to fight he didn't plan on killing him. Well if you don't mind being challenged I guess you can take me on. Again Collin stood up straight, this time pulling a bit at his gloves to make sure they were firmly on as they should be as he waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Zaku looked up at the boy that was talking to him and smiled a little. "Ey there mate, looks like you need a brawlin' partner." He said, looking Zaku over. "Well if you don't mind being challenged I guess you can take me on." Zaku stood up and looked him over. Compared to him, this kid looked like a giant. "Alright, I'll fight you." He said resting the spear on his shoulder. "But I haven't done this in a while so sorry if I seem a little inexperienced." He smiled again and held the spear in a fighting position, ready to start fighting.
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Collin was impressed by the kid's courage if nothing else, and to be frank he was not impressed by anything else about the boy. His size was tiny in comparison so Collin would need to be careful fighting someone this small, the smaller they are the trickier they normally had proved to be. So with his self warnings and guidelines in place Collin looked one last time at the kid and then raised fist fists in a boxing stance. Lets get started then. Collin lunged in at the boy and threw a powerful right hook at the shoulder that the weapon had been laid on.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Zaku figured that he would throw a hook, as most people do in a fight. So he ducked as soon as Collin's arm started moving and flipped around the spear, making the blunt end face his enemy and thrusted it into their stomach. He then brought it back, jumped backwards to give him more space, and flipped the spear back around, pointing the blade at Collin. "I never really got your name. I'm Zaku"
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm

His punch had been dodged, not a big deal since if that had landed the boy would be on the ground with a broken arm. But when the kid's weapon was flipped to the blunt end and rammed into his abdomen he was annoyed. Then after the attack he had retreated and that annoyed him even more. So with all this frustration built up inside Collin took a more open stance with his arms held out far to his sides, the sun beating down on his limbs heavily. Then in a instant burst both of his hands had been trapped in a casing of fierce flames. His weapons now drawn Collin took up his old position, bouncing on the ends of his toes for mobility then he struck again. He came in close with an uppercut being swung, not only was there the fist to worry about but Collin let out a medium sized burst of flames from his hand that spread for a few feet in all directions hitting and igniting all sources within range. His punch thrown Collin got back on defense and started his taunting. Guess you should know my name so you can get a rematch and try to win another day. I am called Collin, counselor of cabin nine.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Zaku saw Collin's fists burst into flames and a single bead of sweat dripped down his forehead. He watched carefully as he came towards Zaku and threw an uppercut his way while he jumped back again, dodging the punch and getting just out of reach of the flames. "Oh so your a Hephaestus kid." He stabbed the spear into the ground and sparks instantly surged up and down Zaku's arms. "I'm in Cabin one. Zeus." He said, holding up an arm and sending countless bolts of electricity towards Collin. This is gonna be fun...
Back to top Go down
Collin

Collin

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Using the flames emanating from his gloves like rockets, Collin got a burst of speed to clear the barrage of lightning with plenty of time to spare. He turned and watched the electricity speed through where he had been standing. Hmm, that might have actually hurt. But lucky for me I know what powers this kid might have. Collin straightened up and took on a new stance he had come up with, it was a modified version of his previous position but his arms were lower and farther apart as to utilize the flames to their full extent. He glared at the boy once more, this time with a passion to take him out, he had a grudge against cabin one though he had no idea why but regardless that was motivation enough to get him really into the fight. With his thoughts growing more and more violent the fire on his hands increased in size and intensity, the embers flaking and marking little trails up and down his arms. Cabin one eh? Then your luck has run out kid, I got a score to settle over there and it seems like you might be the one to pay up. He raised his head and looked directly at Zaku, entering his eyes and piercing his soul to the core with his rage. He planned to break a few bones now to cool off but in the mean time a handful of pretty nasty burns would suffice. He moved in quickly by using his gloves as boosters once more so the gap had been closed to mere inches in less than a second. With his full force Collin slammed his burning palms onto Zaku's chest to brand him like he did all of his opponents. This was a mark signifying that a person was in danger anywhere near him and that they would suffer for ignoring his warning.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:11 pm

For the first time in a while Zaku felt like his life was actually in danger. As Collin grew closer and closer, Zaku's heart paced faster and faster as a familiar tingling ran up and down his right arm and he smiled. All of a sudden a bright light flashed in his hand and Zaku's real spear, Yuri, appeared. He then brought it around just in time to block the flaming punches coming his way. He slid back a little from the impact and felt the heat of the flames, but was was alright from the most of it. Then, feeling creative all of a sudden, Zaku sent a surge of electricity trough his spear and into Collin's hands, shocking him while the still burning flames burnt through his shirt and started to cook his own flesh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gearing up for a Fight   Gearing up for a Fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gearing up for a Fight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-blood: Prophecies :: Camp Half-Blood :: Training Area :: The Arena-
Jump to: